Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday [to Me!]

Count it : 65 Facebook wall posts, 3 Facebook messages, 4 tweets, 10 text messages, 4 phone calls, 3 voice mails, and 8 birthday cards! [Now that's a birthday wish!] Glad to see some people did not forget my birthday [thank you Facebook for reminding my friends of the day I was brought into this world!]

I do try to not make this blog ALL about me [I do a good job most of the time...] However this post is ALL about me! [as it should be!] Now we all know you have a birthday too, but this post is about my birthday! [there will be no stealing of my spotlight - today] You knew this was coming I told you so previously! [you have been keeping up on your blog reading - right?]

Birthday Dinner I'm 22! [Everyone's singing Happy Birthday]
So to kick things off I would like to say although I was born on December 16th I am awesome enough to have a birthday week! [ask Eric] So we kicked off the beginning of the week with my wii fit! [Thank you Eric] I finally got that board and am BEYOND excited! [I've used it and love it!] Then the next day because Eric spoils me [no I'm not rotten - just spoiled] I got to open another present that is also part of my Christmas present [as if he hasn't done enough already!] What was beneath the box lid wrapped in newspaper? A Dakine backpack!! Mine had been literally falling apart at the seams and he knew it wouldn't last much longer [lets face it Jessica (JR - shout out) gave it to me when we were 14!] I did not waste anytime putting my new backpack to good use - I immediately stuffed my work out items in it and went to ZUMBA and prepared for my Math Final [we've discussed how well studying for that went]

My Actual Birthday [dinner @ Angry Bear]
Then Wednesday I got all the mail from my Mommy, Grammy, & Mommy 2! It was great. I wasted no time cracking open presents. [what no one was there to stop me - Eric was just as excited as I!] So I got gift cards and cash! And my mommy [she's amazing] gave me some new high heels for work! [I love having shoes - and not having to pay for them! Dear DSW I miss you!]Thank you Mommy & Daddy! Mommy 2 she's pretty awesome too! I opened a present that had a birthday card with truck insurance tags inside [thank you dad 2!] Beneath the Postal wrapping paper [which was quite the project to get off] I unwrapped one more layer of birthday paper to reveal.......ZUMBA for the Wii! [Thank you Mom & Dad 2!] Apparently they searched between Burley and Twin Falls for quite some time and it was an ordeal trying to find ZUMBA for the Wii. So thank you guys for your several searches - who would've known it'd be such a task [they found it by chance in the Burley Wal*Mart - go figure!]

The Flowers from Eric [left] Flowers from Logan & Nicole [right]
Thursday [THE Day!] So Thursday morning I woke up to a Good morning Happy Birthday phone call from my darling Husband! Cody had sent me a text saying she was sick [still is poor thing! - shout out!] So I was on my own for ZUMBA! Lizette was awesome she let me pick most of the songs for class after she taught the new ones. I love being the Birthday girl! I enjoyed messages all day from you guys and other friends and family wishing me a great Birthday [it really was pretty awesome!] Julia beat me to wishing each other Happy Birthday I'll get her next year though! [Eric's little sister & I share a Birthday - we are so awesome!] Then I went to work right after ZUMBA. I breezed through work and then......Home to my Honey!! He had bought me flowers and said he had another surprise for me after dinner. He then took me to Angry Bear for dinner [we Love that place!] Dinner was awesome and despite what people say about price it cost us less than Apple Bee's normally does and we had substantial left overs! We were stuffed and happy and then proceeded to head home. His surprise was great. [you want to know don't you - search Jeremiah Lyrics, you'll know when you see the song title] I thought I'd spare you the details. Just know it was beautiful... [the room sillies....]

The mixes [this isn't even all of it]
And just because I was 22 did not mean that I was done celebrating my Birthday! The last of my birthday present from Eric was all these cocktail glasses. I love their shapes and colors when they're full of drinks. So he let me through my Mocktail party I've been blogging about for who knows how long now! [I know you wish your man was like mine - I'd be jealous if he wasn't mine too!] So thank you to those who came to celebrate my birthday with me! I don't know what we were thinking! We didn't get a group picture honestly! We need to get better at this! [it can't be my responsibility every time!] Anyways we had Hawaiian Haystacks - amazing! And I had everyone pick a glass and did not tell them what was inside and just put the drink associated with the glass inside. 
Drinks are as follows:
The Aftermath! [I'm postponing cleaning]

Wine Glass - Sparkling Grape Juice
Champagne Glass -  Sparkling Apple Cider
Daiquiri Glass - Strawberry Daiquiri
Margarita Glass - Pina Colada
Martini Glass - Appltini or Blue Rastini, or Pomegranate -tini

For those of you going uh huh sure Mocktails. To you I have this to say - No liquor was used in the making of these drinks! I hold a temple recommend and that's not worth giving up for a few shots of alcohol.

Anyways moving on...

My Awesome Cake! [Yummy!]
So after drinks were served and we ate up we served more food....My cake that I have totally waited for over a year [two to be exact] I got a cookie cake!! So excited. It was heart shaped [as seen left] and the heart was decorated like a lady bug wishing me happy birthday! It was great! And Yummy and so delightful! [sadly it's all gone by now]
Logan & Joseph [doesn't do this justice!]
Josh is the Pillow [man] Barrier
We pulled out Just Dance on the Wii as well as ZUMBA! We even got Logan [shout out] to play the game [hysterical] Yes I snapped a photo no worries! Almost everyone played and those of us who didn't enjoyed laughing for a good 30 minutes at those dancing [or trying to dance] Then Cody [shout out] & I showed people how we get down when it comes to ZUMBA! We were awesome even if we knew different steps to the songs - our steps are much better and more fun too! [yes Wii had the wrong steps - not us, duh! ;)

TRON in 3D [nerds]
Tanner & Julie [no drool!]
Then Eric finished my birthday off by taking me to TRON! It was fantastic! It was in 3D. Yes the glasses hurt my eyes but worth it none the less. I will be nice and I wont spoil the movie [I'm so nice] However I will tell you that 1/2 of the movie is in 2D so my eyes and head hurt a great deal less because I only had to watch the movie 1/2 of the time with the glasses on [even if the beginning of the movie said to leave them on]

So there you have it! My Birthday. It's a wrap. [not yet] Actually Becky [shout out] just let me know that my birthday present has finally made it 1/2 across the states [from Georgia to Illinois] She sent it before my birthday! ;) Oh well it happens just lets me celebrate my birthday a bit longer! Anyways I'm 22! And had a fabulous birthday! Eric made it amazing and worth while! Best Birthday to Date! [Mom & Dad did a Fabulous job growing up too!]
Birthday Wishes 
All My Love,
Adrianna

No comments:

Post a Comment