Monday, November 8, 2010

Domestic [In The Good Sense]

It's official, I'm completely 100% domestic. I'm the same person just with a better head on my shoulders. I am quite the homemaker if I do say so myself [it's true doctrine]. I'm all about getting my school done [i have all A's], making the money at work [it takes more than my pretty face to make that happen], and being the cutest little LDS wife ever [I really am the cutest]. 

To be completely honest [when am I not?] I have so many dreams of what I want to do, what I want to be, and how I want to accomplish all of this. [This is about to get real deep & personal!] So I want to be everything, I want to be SUPER woman! I want to be a nurse, a CEO, a marketing director, an advertising team leader, a mommy, a dancer, a homemaker, a business owner, a photographer and so much more. [I could do it all if I really wanted] But what I have decided is why can't I have it all [I deserve it after all]. Eric & I were talking the other day [we do this everyday I ask a million questions he thinks of a simple answer and then I proceed with an overextended response] And I asked him what made him happy [besides me of course] and where he wanted to be when we were old. And it really made me think [no I will not be elaborating on my husbands answer-that's between spouses ;)] what do I really truly want [above all else] and what I realized is all the dreams and things I would love to achieve would be just that something to achieve not something that would make me happy long term [deep I know] And this is what I came up with [hold your breath this is my dream laid before you] I want to Love the Lord always [as I do now] continue being close to & love my husband [spiritually, mentally, physically] to be a mommy [to many - not just my own] and be a business homemaker [you're about hear some real ideas here]. So the first part is easy some might be a while [the mommy thing] before it happens, but I can do that [it's worth the wait]. The last thing though how ever are you to be a business homemaker

Well here it is ladies and gents [this came to me while making my adorable fairy costume (see my Halloween post for photos) and again after my deep chat with Eric] I want above all to do some advertising, photography, and homemaker type activities. So why not combined all of that into my own business. [Which is precisely what I am going to do!] I forgot how much I enjoyed my arts & crafts and how much I enjoy true photography [not your bathroom photos or squished sweaty faces at the club] and so I am going to take the degree I obtain [oh only 3 more years to go....] and combine that with my natural ability to be create and my talent for crafts [I've made beautiful things with my hands -Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with that ability] and create a business. Why not [there is not a reason to stop me (aside from the Lord)] start a business, that I run, I advertise for, I sell the things I create, and at the same time I get to aid mothers in being homemakers with my creations and get to maintain being a mother to my own! [I'm a genius!

There you have it I'm domestic and completely content with being so, it's a great realization. I miss the music and the late nights, the music, and the friends of my wild days but the truth is there is no happiness in it all. [now that's REAL doctrine] I'm happier than I've ever been coming to this realization and working daily at my school work, work work, church work, and my marriage to make it celestial [that's when it's wroth while! when it's eternal!

That was quite the ta da a ha! moment for me [and if it wasn't for you then keep it to your self and don't rain on my parade! :)] Look for my next post if you're in need of a spiritual up lift [I read some great stuff and want to share] if not just remember everyone need a little church in their life [otherwise you'll find yourself lost & confused in that spacious building!

Toodles!
All my Love,
Adrianna 

P.s. Get out and ZUMBA! it's good for You AND your Body! Even the domestic women need to keep our Bangin' Smokin Hott bods while we get older!

1 comment:

  1. I miss those nights also...but i totally agree with you that's why we quit going. There are plenty of things that are way more important. I'm glad that we're becoming old fart to realize that.

    ReplyDelete