Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spirit[uality]

I'm getting really good at this posting regularly [gosh darn it I just jinxed my self]. Well for now I'm really good at this, and today I have some lovely words of wisdom [they come from the Lord so it's legit!]. So if you're not in the mood to be enlightened [more so than by my usual posts] or uplifted [as in Sunday was enough for you] then pass this post by. 

So for the rest of you faithful readers, I intend on telling you about my weekend and some of the lovely things I've been reading [it's more knowledge then you'll know what to do with.]

I'll start with Saturday, [for those who haven't been to the temple I promise I'm not about to divulge or give away anything] Our dearest Logan Morris went to the temple for the first time to take out his endowment. [if you don't know research via the LDS.ORG website - The Prophet and Apostle's tell things best] Logan and Nicole will be married in a few days and we were blessed with being invited to help support Logan [he really has come so far!] And it was beautiful outside that day [perfect weather, a bit breezy but sunshine and no clouds] And once inside even though it was a day for Logan [which it really was all about supporting him - I like that] I did not realize that it was also about me. Going there was so overdue [so needed] for both Eric & I. We literally had the best day. [It's always a great day with us, but this was a day all in it's own category.] We had no care in the world. We went and did whatever we wanted just me & him [NO cell phones at all] It was beautiful and that's when I realized everything that I'd been reading was telling me & Eric, we need more time together [we live together yes but good quality (not quantity) time together.] Saturday we got just that and we got to do it in the closest place we could have been to the Lord! [You cannot begin to comprehend the feeling until you've been through the temple yourself!

And no we did not forget to mark this joyous occasion [I want to be involved with photography of course there are photos] Trusty iPhone 4 was there to help document the day! And below you can see 4 of the pictures. [for proof (not that my word isn't document enough) and documentation of the day!]
The Happy Couple [14 days & counting]

Family & Friends [although we all consider each other family]

See we argue just as siblings do [This is Logan being reprimanded]

We are such a beautiful bunch! [close up you can see the love!]  




I know aren't we all just so presh [thanks for that Cody - can't wait to go through with you!] So that's my sweet short story about Saturday now to share the Gospel [every member a missionary].

For those of you not yet married [Joseph] You will be someday so take notes for when that time comes. [you'll thank me when you use it later] And for the married couples you'll want to read this with great attention [in all seriousness it's true doctrine from the Apostles to me to you!] We all know I had a rough patch [Eric & I were not playing like a team] So in order to help fix our team [aka relationship] we were offered some reading material [who knew it would be so useful and handy]!

So from the Apostles & Prophet to me to you, here it is! [condensed of course - I don't claim to be Prophetic when it's the Lord's wisdom!]

1. Avoid Parallel Marriage [two lines that never crosses but move in the same direction] Meaning remain in contact, keep up the TEAM work [there's no I, My, or Mine in Team!] Start interacting more kiss each other hello goodbye [yes even when they take the garbage out - that's my own tid bit] Do what works if not being a team is not working [which it isn't - not if you want to last!] then work as a team.

2. Quality [not Quantity] Between school, work, your friends, church, and church callings, [for some of you even babies] there is not always a lot of time for you and spouse to have enough time together. So make it quality time! [Creative dating] Date at least once a week [no church, no babies, no work, no school!] And talk about you and spouse! [just because you dated and got married does NOT mean you know EVERYTHING about each other!]

3. Use Christlike communication [Key word : Christ & Communicate] Don't Lie [it is of the devil] Stop Blaming [take responsibility for not doing right - you're a better person in doing so] Cease the Criticism [it's negative and demeaning and just down right mean!] and last Avoid Anger [it's a common mishap don't let it become a pit fall of regularity that you fall into - it just shows your lack of self control

4.Now all this being said you don't need a list [although these are guidelines to aid in not needing a list] You don't know everything about your spouse but you know them better than anyone else so come up with your own list [be creative as if you were courting again] and do things that are important to both of you and learn things that interest each other.

Wow I feel so knowledgeable [I am just still child like in Christ's teachings - it's an ever learning process] That's a lot to hear from the pulpit but as it was shared with me I felt the need to share it with you [and I act on the impulse or feeling] On a spiritual high I'm off to institute to absorb more teachings. [I'm gonna become Molly Mormon before I know it - no that wont happen ;)]

All my Love
 & Knowledge!

Adrianna

3 comments: